"Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.I will say to the north, `Give them up!' and to the south, `Do not hold them back.'
Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth" Isaiah 43: 5-6
"LOVE"
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Pictures!!
What an amazing few days we have had!! I thought I'd send a few pictures of the highlights! While in Chengdu, Jonathan and Cindi and one of their close friends took us to Hot Pot!! This is an amazing experience. They bring out these huge pots of boiling seasoned broth and place it on a burner in the middle of the table. We then order a variety of things to cook in the broth. It's kind of like a giant fondue. We ordered lamb, all sorts of mushrooms, lotus root, bamboo shoots, jaozi, and much more to boil and eat. It was just delicious. Darren insisted that we order eel and all of the guys tried it!! Jonathan, in all of his years here has never tried it...but decided to. They thought it was pretty tasteless and didn't enjoy the small bones throughout. We all got a good laugh though. I think the highlight of our time was eating at this small little Tibetan restuarant that J & C frequent. We drank yak butter tea, ate fried yak, yak cakes, spicy potatoes and Tsampa (a barley type paste that is a staple in Tibet!) As we were eating people would walk by on the sidewalk outside and just stare!! Well, Jonathan...always wanting to practice his Tibetan started talking to a Tibetan man who was walking by (the restaurants doors were open to the street). He immediately lit up when Jonathan said hi. He talked for awhile and left and immediately came back with his father. Jonathan invited them in to have lunch with us! They are nomads...and make their living raising yak. They travel all around the mountatins of Tibet and live in tents to find food during the different seasons for their yaks. What an experience. They wanted us to take their pictures and then loved looking at themselves on the screen afterwards!
It is the 23rd here and we are about to go to bed!! Tomorrow is the day that will change our lives forever. WE are SOOOOOO looking forward to meeting our daughter. We all prayed together tonight and have such a peace about whatever happens tomorrow. We got newly updated info on her and they made a point to state that she does NOT LIKE STRANGERS!! I think we are definitely the epitomy of STRANGE but are praying that we won't be too frightening to our little Summer!!
We will definitly update tomorrow!! I've gotta get to bed now!!
Reality is sinking in when we walk into our room in Nanning!! We are ready Summer!! Darren and our new friend from the Tibetan quarter in Chengdu!! Hot Pot in Sichuan!! Jonathan and Cindi's favorite Tibetan restaurant and our unexpected guests!! Anyone for some eel??
Welcome to the Peanut Gallery! I’m a mom who thinks that her 4 children are delightful, hilarious, beautiful, slightly disturbing, amusing, amazing, unusual, unique, inventive, creative, animated, exhausting, and tons of fun on most occasions. I have been blessed with an amazing, hilarious, kind-hearted husband whom I couldn‘t live without. I’m determined to capture life’s precious, and not so precious moments with my camera. A picture is worth 1000 words, right?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home